Men have biochemically unique health needs, goals, and concerns. Aside from the important baseline parameters applicable to everyone’s health, the following biomarkers affect their health in important ways.
Hormonal biomarkers pertinent to men’s health, energy, libido, brain function, heart health and athletic performance are listed below:
- Testosterone Free and Total
- Thyroid markers (free T3, free T4, TSH)
- Cortisol (salivary)
Male-specific prostate markers are also important:
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Free and Total
Additionally, men will want to know their:
- Inflammatory markers (omega-3, Hemogobin A1c, etc)
- Vitamin D levels
- Methylation markers (homocysteine, etc)
- Zinc and copper levels
Genetic testing can identify risk genes such as hemochromatosis, MTHFR, and more.
Parameters will vary depending on age and whether you’re taking hormone replacement (HRT).